Monday, December 31, 2012

The year in riding

2012 was good to to me. Nothing too remarkable happened: no long century rides, no overnight touring, although I did spend a beautiful Saturday in the Santa Ynez Valley at the Solvang Prelude.Solvang Prelude But what I’m quite happy about was to be able to recover from my 2011 knee surgery, riding a little better every weekend. Sure life is different now than when I was training to ride a state of the Tour de France, but I was able to improve a little on my 2011 mileage, almost on par with 2010. In 2012 I learned to appreciate the little things: living in a place where I can ride 297 days a year, keeping my rides well maintained.
Building myself a wheel In 2012 I built my first wheel, and now my commuter has a dynamo hub front and back battery-free lights, and more gadgets that I'm willing to admit. I was lucky enough to get one of the first Volagi Viaje in production. Above all, I was able to still have fun on my bicycles, day after day.
I couldn’t ask for anything better!

No comments:

Post a Comment